Swiss Go Forum

FAQ     Search      Memberlist     Usergroups     Register  
  Profile     Log in to check your private messages     Log in  

Interlaken Tournament July 5/6 2014

View previous topic :: View next topic  
arees

PostPosted: Sat 19. Apr, 2014 12:53    Post subject: Interlaken Tournament July 5/6 2014 Reply with quote

Greetings fellow Go players,

I hope you all are enjoying your Spring and that many of you are looking forward to playing soon in Gersau and/or Lausanne!
I know the summer seems a long way off, but I want to invite you to consider your plans for the early summer break. As many of you know, Lorenz and I are organizing a tournament for this July in Interlaken, to be held at the beautiful new Interlaken Youth Hostel. Due to the great demand (since this is peak tourist season) the Youth Hostel filled up much quicker than we were expecting, and we were very lucky to be able to put a hold on the last 16 available beds for the nights of the 4th and 5th of July. However, we are only able to reserve them until the 3rd of May before we have to pay for them in advance. So, we really need people who would like to stay at the hostel (where we will be playing our games) to register and make a reservation before the 3rd of May, if at all possible. We will be able to reserve some beds for later registrations, but we need some more early sign-ups and feedback from potential attendees to judge whether we can risk paying in advance for all of the remaining beds.

For more information on the tournament, please copy one of the following URLs:

http://interlaken.swissgo.org -- German
http://interlaken.swissgo.org/index-fr.html -- French
http://interlaken.swissgo.org/index-en.html -- English

So, please check your calendars and see if you can spare one summer weekend for a visit to one of the most scenic small cities in Switzerland! We really hope to see you there!

Please feel free to email me (alan.rees@playmorego.com) with any questions you might have.
And thanks for supporting Go in Switzerland! banana

Enjoy your Easter and Spring Holidays!

Best Regards,
Alan Rees
arees

PostPosted: Mon 28. Apr, 2014 11:37    Post subject: Tournament Cancelled Reply with quote

Greetings Swiss Go Players,
I regret to have to inform you all that the Interlaken Tournament has been cancelled due to not enough early sign-ups. dead

Rather then have people register and then possibly have to quickly call to get refunded, we've decided to go ahead and stop it early.

Thanks and best wishes,
Alan